Who am I and what do I do?
My name is Tim Skoraszewski. Trying to pin down just who I am is not the easiest task.
I’m a husband (and my wife is my absolute soulmate... even when we fight over the dishes), a pet parent (all wondeful feral/rescue sweeties), a fervent fly angler and fly tyer, an aspiring gourmet cook and BBQ fanatic, a homebrewer and vinter, a skilled outdoorsman, movie lover, music lover, video gamer, photographer, craftsman, auto-enthusiast...
Well, I could go on with all of that stuff for quite a while, but this is what you really want to know. I have two A.S. degrees in traditional and digital design, I’ve been a designer and developer for over 15 years. I’ve worked in everything from the full adobe suite to coding in JS, PHP, MySQL, some ASP, IOS/Droid apps and more. I can work in mobile, yes I do responsive. I’ve worked with SEO/SEM, analytics platforms, RFID recognition for conferences, built conference booths (from the actual fabrication and set up to building the touch screen displays and screen content and developing the UI/UX).
I’ve done a lot, I’ve seen a lot, and I bring a lot to the table, and I get it done. If it sounds like I should be working with you, give me a ring.
Areas of Focus:
Personnel management, estimating, client engagement/education, internal collaboration/engagement, Web (LAMP) development (Full Stack), SEO/SEM, mobile app development, banner ad development, responsive development, UX/UI design, user flows, wireframes, sitemaps, video editing, motion graphic design/compositing, print/web/interactive design, browser compatibility control, source control (SVN, Git, Mercurial), HTML email development, website security (attack mitigation).
March 2011–Present :: Manager, Development :: Roska Healthcare Advertising, Inc./PulseCXOpen-source development, HTML/CSS front-end development, mobile app development, collaborated in brainstorming meetings, assisted with pitch efforts, managed development staff, worked on company rebranding efforts
- Lead several teams that earned Gold and Silver WebHealth Awards for digital solutions in the health care marketing space
- Managed internal and remote resources to deliver at, or beyond, client expectations
- Lead several programs to increase digital acumen for staff of all levels
- Worked with client and third party teams to facilitate client needs/changes and deliver digital solutions while maintaining tight deadlines
- Developed Point-of-View (POV) papers to define the perspective of PulseCX and inform clients of potential impacts as they apply cost and deployment of a project
- Provided UX/UI documentation/guidance and advised Project Management (PM), Account Management (AM), and Creative staff, as well as Senior and Executive Leadership, on best practices to ensure proper legal engagement of patients by healthcare marketing clients.
December 2010–March 2011 :: Developer :: Boss Group (@Roska Healthcare Advertising)Web (LAMP) Development, Lead on the development of the company website and client websites in the pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing space.
- Provide leadership to internal staff at Roska Healthcare Advertising/PulseCX on proper open-source development for internal and client projects
- Resolve conflicts with offshore development resources
- Assist in development of education programs to develop digital design/development skills among internal teams
June 2002–Present :: Freelance Design/DevelopmentWorked with designers/agencies throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland in the roles of designer and developer. I developed full-stack LAMP solutions while advising creative staff of potential pitfalls of various UX/UI design elements.
June 2002–Present :: Fly Fishing GuideYou’re probably asking why this is relevant. Well, let’s say your in a bad place in a whitewater rapid with 1100 pounds (boat, gear, and people) in one hand and a boulder in your other hand. How are your decision making skills under pressure? Mine are pretty good, PLUS I have lots of great stories.
January 2000–June 2002 :: Designer/Photographer/ Developer :: Randall Design, Inc.Print/Web/Interactive Design, Product Photography. Experience Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts Associates Degree in Graphic Design–Graduated in 1999–GPA 3.83 Associates Degree in New Media (Digital) Design–Graduated in 1998–GPA 3.83
- Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts :: A.S. in Graphic Design :: Graduated in 1999 :: GPA 3.83
- Bradley Academy for the Visual Arts :: A.S. in Digital Design :: Graduated in 2000 :: GPA 3.83
- Alpha Beta Kappa National Honor Society :: Inductions in 1999 and 2000 :: Bradley Academy–1998
- Who’s Who in American Junior Colleges :: Bradley Academy–1998 and 1999
- Eagle Scout Award - 1996